Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Shazam!


my website as a graph

Shazam!
I was excited to see I had 17 page views when I got online after work (and a lazy dinner, quick laundry run, and grocery stop). I’ve been moving up in the world. I started this blog about a month ago. First I only had a couple hits per day (um, me at home and me being clandestine at work), followed by a couple more here and there; averaging a handful of hits daily. On the 9th I joined my blog log and decided to check out a few people, join some communities etcetera. Tonight when I logged on I showed up on both the “hot communities” list and the “hot members” list and within the time between about 10:30 and 11:30 I went from 17 hits to somewhere around 400. SHAZAM! And it’s still climbing—I can’t believe it! I feel so suddenly popular. It is a strange sensation; probably short-lived also. I imagine I will be back down to a normal dozen a day tomorrow, but thanks for the attention. I’ll love it while it lasts! Merci beaucoup mes amis!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At September 13, 2006 4:39 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Could it be how I found you? By cuteoverload posting a link to your blog? I came into work this morning and had my daily email in my inbox!

 
At September 13, 2006 8:50 AM, Blogger Nika said...

yes, it is!! duh, i hadn't checked cute overload for a while and i had given up on meg posting tigerlily. she loves me after all!

 
At September 13, 2006 9:20 AM, Blogger The Errant Cook said...

That graph would make a perfectly sweet piece of modern art. I'd have it blown up into a poster!

 
At September 13, 2006 8:41 PM, Blogger Eric Marcoullier said...

Heya Nika -- I'm glad we're responsible for at least some of your new traffic (I think Cute Overload and Tigerlilly take most of the credit). Would love to help you put up a reader roll on your home page as well so people can continue to share the love. Cheers! Eric

 
At September 27, 2006 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just visited mybloglog after long time, I though mybloglog was hopeless but then it turn into a community blogger. not bad huh?

hey let me make you even hotter, I'm joining your community =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home