Wednesday, February 07, 2007

helllloooooo

alright, sorry for the long absence. i have been busy. with stuff. and things.
like watching jabari and lily playing in a bag
or lounging in the sunshine (this is very important) with the sunday paper
and nesting on laundry. i showed the two fur-bags where the quarters are and everything, yet they have still not washed a scrap of clothing for me.
for my birthday we had a fantastic dinner at andina (oh succulent little lamb choppies, how i love thee. baaaaa). delicious causa, ceviche, lamb "corderito" and three different mini crème brûlées--such a meal! i feel lucky to have a world class peruvian restaurant in portland. my post-dinner, sigh picture.
my friend jessy gave me a beautiful bouquet at work (yes i worked on my birthday and the day after).
then some other stuff happened...then it was wing bowl time.

or superbowl, whatever you want to call it. i like the wing part better than the football part. these are cilantro lime thai chicken wings. karl and i can each sock away a pound or two of wings, so i have to buy a "family pack" for the two of us. i haven't decided if that is too self-indulgent yet (borderline gross? 'though i do roast them in the oven instead of deep-frying them...and there are a lot of bones). but damn they are good.
so i think that brings us up to date. i've got a few more good cat pics from the weekend, which i should be able to post pretty soon. oh yeah, i found this too, it's not really a site yet, but the picture is hilarious.

10 Comments:

At February 07, 2007 3:59 PM, Blogger The Wanderer said...

oh, so beautiful! Your darlings are certainly enjoying their life together. Really sorry you had to work on your birthday, but at least you got pretty flowers!

 
At February 07, 2007 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them! I want a kitty so badly ater EVERY time I see your posts!

How was the resturant? I checked out their website and it LOOKS tasty but I've never been there so I'm curious. : )

 
At February 07, 2007 9:11 PM, Blogger Nika said...

the restaurant is fantastic. really incredible food. i believe it was the oregonian's (local newspaper) 2005 restaurant of the year.

 
At February 07, 2007 9:20 PM, Blogger lms said...

dear nika,
i hope you know that, should you ever decide you hate it (which i'm sure you never will), i want that painting. which i've told you many times, and will tell you again, right now: nika, i want that painting. i love that painting. i have made up stories in my head about that painting lady. i have dreamt about that painting lady talking to me. i know what her voice sounds like, espeically when she says, "nika...give me to lisa..."

and, o, portland winter sunday sunshine, some nice socks, and a newspaper. sigh.

 
At February 08, 2007 4:51 PM, Blogger CZ said...

Those are some important things to be busy with! :) Happy belated birthday!

 
At February 14, 2007 4:55 PM, Blogger The Wanderer said...

Happy Valentines Day, hope your furry kids are enjoying it together. :)

 
At February 15, 2007 8:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear all is good! Can't wait to see more pictures!

 
At February 16, 2007 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I need more updates - and photos. My husband is really not a cat person but after I showed him your furballs, he wants a begal! So please help me get another kitty by posting more pics and sharing with us their activities :)

 
At February 17, 2007 5:29 PM, Blogger Ivett M. said...

Happy birthday!, aquarian Nika. Nice pictures, beautiful flowers, delicious food... By the way, I'm Aquarius and a cat person too, of course. So let the sun shine! CONFIANZA, CIRCULEMOS

 
At April 17, 2007 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to eat that chiken look delicious...ehmmmmm
Hi...I also like your cat

Blessing to you,
Franx
http://connect.thesgrprogram.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home